Monday, April 9, 2018

Day 4 - Santa Cruz

Today started out to be an easy day.  We woke up and packed up our belongings again.  Afterwards we enjoyed some breakfast and came back to the room and listened to a sermon from RC Sproul.  We then checked out, loaded the truck and headed towards Santa Cruz.  We booked in the Comfort Inn unpacked and got ready to explore.  Unfortunately I had an issue with my credit card and it was denied.  Spent some time fixing my card issue.   Found out they claimed I did not activate my new card before leaving.  I had thought I did because I had changed my password on my card and tested that out but apparently I was wrong.  All good, we used Lawrence's card instead.  We tried to go to the main beach at Santa Cruz and explore around the pier but was amazed at the crowd there.  We could not get a parking spot anywhere so we went further south and found a little park and decided to stop and enjoy some lunch there.  After lunch we tried to find a place to park and could not so we continued on to Moss Landing where we plan to go whale watching.  We spent some time at the beach here.  It is so amazing to just sit and watch the waves come in.  Ralph had mentioned it was like the water was angry.  So true.  The waves were amazing to watch.  This is what we love to do. Just sit and watch the waves come in.  We came home and enjoyed a drink as we decided where to go for dinner.  We decided to try out Aptos Street BBQ.  The nice thing about this place is that it had a live band to listen to called the Chicken Bone Slim.  The food was great and we enjoyed listening to the band.

Enjoyed seeing a wasp in the Wisteria



Sour Dough Bread Crab = Yummy



Some sort of Asparagus growing








Watching the waves splash against the rocks






No comments:

Post a Comment